Cowboy Traders

Dom and Melinda present Cowboy Traders

They've targeted the bad builders – now it's time to round up the rest of the cowboys.

Cowboy Traders

No cowboy is safe...

We've got exciting news for all you Dom and Melinda fans out there!

Following the huge success of Cowboy Builders, we can now reveal that our dynamic duo will be joining forces once again for a brand new show.

Cowboy Traders will see Dom Littlewood and Melinda Messenger turning their attentions to rogues in other industries, with dodgy car dealers, dishonest landlords and unscrupulous bridal shop owners all on their hit list.

Dom will use his trademark blend of detective work, investigative journalism and undercover filming to expose the perpetrators, while Melissa will help the unfortunate victims of their scams. What would we do without them?

Cowboy Traders will launch on Channel 5 on Wednesday 4th April at 8pm.

Comments (60)

• R T Kendall

4 months ago

R T Kendall

It's irresponsible of you not to inform viewers that the way to avoid cowboy builders is to refuse to pay up-front. If a builder cannot finance his contract then he is not seriously in business

• joanne

7 months ago

joanne

My relatives had a bathroom fitted a few months ago and have had numerous leaks since. The plumber was paid cash and refuses to accept responsabilty for his shoddy workmanship. He said ' well shower bases do leak and it was normal !!' what should we do ? the constant leaks etc are causing damage to the ceiling below the bathroom. We would love to report him but who to ? he must get away with this on a regular basis1 Do you think he even declares the cash he takes?

• blooddream

8 months ago

blooddream

I and at least 2 others (that I know of) have been ripped off by a guy over window blinds. He turns up to measure up and takes a deposit then just vanishes, he didn't leave any contract or a right to cancel for us to sign (which I have found out since is illegal)We have rung, emailed and text but calls get forwarded to an answer machine, like our numbers are blocked, and others just get ignored. I have tried trading standards, the police, other consumer 'help' lines but nobody wants to know. I'm recovering from a heart attack and have lost £122.50, a young pregnant girl has lost £150 and a couple of oap's (he's 73) have lost £572 !! Help if you can, please

• Chloe

9 months ago

Chloe

Hi, my mum got left with a drill bit in her jaw after a cowboy dentist leftist in there after it broke off. She has had no help from the dentist and now has a corroded jaw because of it. Is there anything you guys can do or suggest?

• timothy james marchant

9 months ago

timothy james marchant

my parents have been ripped off by a solor heating firm. they installed a system that would allow hot water n heating to be generated whilst excess water would be dumped in the indoor swimming pool. this system has failed 2 firms been in and said its wrong and in adiquate. since the instaltion theyve burnt 3 times as much oil as before the system was installed the firm is refusing to sort it out were in the process of takign them to court but its complex domic if your reading this please help my parents this problem has been going on since october last year and now its badly affecting my parents health big time

• Tanya Pryer

10 months ago

Tanya Pryer

Hi how do I get in touch with Dom an Melissa please help I had a company fit a fantastic kitchen and have completely messed up my floor blaming the problem on others I am at the end of my tether trying to negotiate to no avail only with spending alias more money

• Sarahchambers

10 months ago

Sarahchambers

Hi there, How do I get in touch with Dom? A very unusual rogue trader but after been through a very traumatic experience ov loosing all my hair on 2 occasions I visited a company which was suppose suppose to help but all they did was con me out of a lot of money, I have found it wasn't just myself that have problems with this same company 3 people who I have come across since has experienced the same problem who are too very upset and distressed. I believe there are probably hundreds of more people why should these companies get away with such disgraceful service.please Dom can you help?

• Georgia Craze

10 months ago

Georgia Craze

How do I get in contact with the program about a very juicy story of a nasty cowboy traderess who owes a lot of unassuming customers A LOT of money??

• Caroline jones

10 months ago

Caroline jones

Hi watched your programme tonight about puppy farmers. I thought maybe it was a breeder I bought a jack Russell pup off that was very sick. She's us now 7 mths old and a lurcher. With a lot of time and money she is very fit and happy. Wish this breeder could be shamed/caught like the one tonight.

• Natalia

11 months ago

Natalia

Любовь, подумал он. И здесь любовь. Вечное чудо. Она не только озаряет радугой мечты серое небо повседневности, она может окружить романтическим ореолом и кучку дерьма… Чудо и чудовищная насмешка (c) xoxonexoxo.ru

• Mike

11 months ago

Mike

Congratulations on a great program. Wonder if you could take an interest in WAE+ (online retailer) who I recently had the misfortune to use. Plenty of similar accounts of problems on following page http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/shut-down-wae-plus-for-conning-millions-of-online-shoppers

• DAAVE WILLIAMSON

12 months ago

DAAVE WILLIAMSON

ITS NOT JUST THE BACK STREET BOYS RIPPING US OFF, I HAVE JUST BEEN RIPPED OFF BY A MERCEDES MAIN DEALER, AFTER 2 MONTHS OF DRIVING MY NEW CAR NEEDS NEW BRAKES COSTING 750 QUID AND THEY DON'T CARE

• dayna harrison

12 months ago

dayna harrison

i have been rripped off by a landlord. paid him a deposit in Nov 12 and should have moved in yet here we are nearly in may and landlord messing about with cash flow problems saying he cant convert to a 4 bed like he said he would. Wont give us our deposit back and expects me to take it lying down. Police wont get involved. So annoying when folk rip u off and even worst that nobody is willing to do anything to help get it back and could potentially have left a family of hardworking adults and 4 kids homeless

• Andrea

1 year ago

Andrea

Hi Melinda, i know this isnot about cowboybuilders, but am appealing to your negoiation skills. I would love to get a safe house for women who are suffering from Domestic Violence. do you think that some one like Barrarts Home will give me one. If you never aske you will never know. Can you help.

• c

1 year ago

c

estate agent using builder to help sell properties by underquoting for works to make properties more saleable, no paper trail left so therefore no proof, just very upset buyers left with houses they cannot afford to carry work out on, the builder hits them with the real cost once purchase has gone through!! lowest trick in the book and they are getting away with it!!!

• Nikki

1 year ago

Nikki

Having problems with rogue car trader - Bought car on 18th jan numerous problems engine blew up 6 days later, discovered discrepancies on mileage and jobs it had failed MOT on on had not been carried out requested full refund trader obnoxious and threatening - 3500 out of pocket and no car HELP

• David Hamer

1 year ago

David Hamer

I watched the program last night and as a qualified electrician was really concerned about the critique of the wiring of an outside security light. There is a real danger that in the hunt for salacious TV content these sort of programmes go overboard. The 'expert' electrician they had made comments about minor stuff but no comments about the areas that really mattered. Shoddy TV Journalism. Not impressed.

• DAVID PULLING

over 1 year ago

DAVID PULLING

ripped of big stile by car trader who broke most of the laws to protect us from them. After finally getting to trading standards spokes man, im told due to cut backs they are not interested in dealing with him but will make a report about it, told im left on my own to fight him through civil court. You might be lucky and he will pay but probly best you just put car right yourself say why do WE PAY TAXES TO PAY FOR TRADING STANDARDS TO PROTECT US??

• jackie moore

over 1 year ago

jackie moore

Ihave paid to have my park home refubished costing £20,000,i am a 68 single pensioner, i have aleaking roof all my doors are upside downand handles dont work ,the vinyl on the bathroom floor,has been cut short of the gripper,paper nfalling off of the ceilings and walls,what they have done needs to be seen they have turned my retirement dream into a living nightmare please please help,they left me without the money to put things right,stop any one else falling foul of them,they will not answer my call or resond to emails or recorded letter

• comment is awaiting moderation

• Babs

over 1 year ago

Babs

I offered to give a home to a puppy. The owners said they were moving. Was asked to pay shipping cost to get puppies to me. This was £200. I was asked to pay this through western union. This I did (stupid I Know). I then received a call from pet courier with flight time and arrival at my home. An hour later I got an email from them asking for £999 for insurance. This would be refunded in cash by the courier on delivery. I was not prepared to do this! (sensibly at Last ) They tried all sorts of pressure to get me to pay. I simply said its not my problem and hung up. Now I'm worried what will happen. Will I get chased legally for the money, cost of quarantine for said puppies or anything else. Or am I right in thinking it was just a scam? Even though I have lost £200.

• Peter Boyes

over 1 year ago

Peter Boyes

I paid in good faith £150 for a pup in April this year 2012. The so called lady moved away I lost my money. What a cowgirl she is, wish Dom could help me pleas?

• Nikki

over 1 year ago

Nikki

I am having a horrendous time with a car dealer who I think is in cahoots with trading standards.. would value a discussion with you

• susan sparks

over 1 year ago

susan sparks

a firm have taken money from my account with out me signing a contract i have changed my mind about the item and cancelled within 10mins but they will not refund my money and are saying they will take £700 cancellation fee they will not return my calls or my letters what do i do next

• Fiona

over 1 year ago

Fiona

I bought a Mazda MR8 on Friday 21 September 2012 and the car broke down on the Saturday 22nd September 2012 I called the trader whom I bought the car from and was told that they could not do anything because it was the weekend. I took the car back to get my money back and they told me,that he wasn't willing to give me my money back and he would exchange the car on the Monday 24th September. I am still waiting and the longer that I am waiting the anger is building.Can you help. Today is the 26th September an no exchange or my money

• Kerry

over 1 year ago

Kerry

I have experienced two cowboy traders in succession. All I wanted is to have our floor sanded and finished. The first lot made an awful mess of the job and the second have just taken us for a £100 deposit, have not shown up and won't answer our calls! There needs to be more done to help people pick reliable traders. I don't consider myself naive and am shocked to have experienced this twice in quick succession!

• Jacqueline Marshall

almost 2 years ago

Jacqueline Marshall

Just watch episode with the family Rae and I find it rather strange that at no time did Hagan have his face exposed. In the West of Scotland many companies are being bullied by false accusations and all communications are being intercepted, including mobile phones. I would investigate public services in the East Dunbartonshire Council area who are unethical in their building regulations.

• richard chiverton

almost 2 years ago

richard chiverton

why do you always pick on builders which is easy why not have a crack at the real rip off people which is solicitors

• mark gill

almost 2 years ago

mark gill

need to contact someone regarding a rogue trader , Im a trader myself and I have been taken for thousands by a bad contacter who I cannot touch , please can you help

• comment is awaiting moderation

• Bd tiling

2 years ago

Bd tiling

Id like to offer to help the show but not sure how to do this anyone know??

• becks mallabone

2 years ago

becks mallabone

my other half is on this show fixing problems that the rogue traders have left behind goodluck and well done phil xx

• David Rice

2 years ago

David Rice

Good Idea, give all the rogue traders a kick up the bum.

Blank_avatar