Join the Stobart Club
Keep up to date with fleet news, compete in the Spotter League and even get the chance to name a truck.
Eddie Stobart is the UK's best-known road haulage company. With its iconic green and red livery, the company's 2,200 trucks can be seen pounding motorways and roads the length and breadth of the UK. The company employs more than 5,000 people over 40 sites across UK, Ireland and Europe and operates over 6 million sq ft of warehousing space.
But the company is also well know for its fleet of immaculate trucks, each emblazoned with a girl's name on the front, and the army of dedicated Stobart Spotters who try to find each one.
The late Edward Stobart started naming trucks after girls back in 1974 and the first one was called Twiggy after the model. Soon after, the Stobart Members Club was formed as the company's popularity increased and it soon became a national pass-time to while away long motorway journeys by spotting Eddie Stobart trucks.
The tradition has continued and now the Members Club has grown to nearly 20,000 members with the company also boasting a dedicated promotions department which retails model trucks and various Stobart branded merchandise.
Membership of the Stobart Club costs just £18 per year and you can join online at www.clubstobart.co.uk.
You can also buy models, clothing and gifts online at the Stobart Shop.
Only members of the official club have the opportunity to name their own Eddie Stobart truck and there's currently a three year waiting list.
Did you know?
- The Eddie Stobart fleet covers the distance equivalent to 24 laps of the Earth every day.
- The company has 37,000 tyres in use at any one time.
- Eddie Stobart Ltd celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2010.
- Eddie Stobart makes a delivery every somewhere in Europe every 20 seconds.
- The fleet uses 97 million litres of diesel every year.
- You will pass a Stobart truck every 4.5 minutes on major UK roads.