Home and Away

Home and Away summer break

With Home and Away set to take a five-week summer hiatus from Channel 5, find out more about some very special web-exclusive treats coming your way.

Home and Away summer break

Summer's here, the sun's shining (well, sometimes) and, as some lucky folk are preparing to go off on their holidays, so is one of our favourite soaps.

That's right: as a result of the soap's annual production break, Home and Away is set to take a five-week hiatus from Channel 5 after the episodes on Friday 29 July. It will return on Monday 5 September at the usual times of 1.15pm and 6pm (with a first-look showing on 5* at 6.30pm).

If the thought of five weeks without Home and Away is too much to bear, then don't worry: as well as bringing you all the latest soap news and offering you the chance to catch up online, with 30 days' worth of full episodes available to watch on Demand 5, we've got some extra treats in store.

Do you remember Home and Away: Bay Reporter winner Joanna Adeyinka-Burford? Well, fresh from her travels Down Under, she's returned home laden with juicy Summer Bay gossip, and each week we'll be sharing with you exclusive video diaries recorded during her time on set.

From a cheeky sneak peek inside the green room to a chat with Zac Drayson (aka Will Smith), stay tuned for your chance to go behind the scenes on Australia's sexiest soap.

Comments (49)

over 1 year ago

Joanne Tyrrell

very good but 5th September 2012 is not a Monday it's a wednesday

• lindy

over 1 year ago

lindy

missing it too, but enjoying old episodes very much, but very frustrating as you get into a storyline and never know the outcome, but nice to be reminded about the old charachters. but can wait until Sept 3rd :-)

• cody

cody

I dont think they should kill Hammer off,, he is sooooooo hot i think they should put him in it even more!

• Michaela

Michaela

It's really hard to follow. I don't even remember what happened to most of the residents.

• Ema

Ema

I real like the show I hop it stays on

• susan wells

susan wells

im from scotland and totally missing home and away never missed an episode since it started its driving me mental not being able to see it roll on a week on monday

• This comment was removed by a moderator

• This comment was removed by a moderator

• Vikki

Vikki

You, "Square eyes" are pathetic... I love the show, but there's no reason to moan.

• Jim

Jim

im sorry but everyone complaining about home and away are complete idiots... the take a break during the Australian winter... as Megan said after each year they take a break - Summer Bay is meant to portay a hot and idyllic country that's all buff men and bikini-clad women all surfed up etc etc not pissing outta the heavens with storms and so on so its a great time to take a break. Instead of sitting on the sofa scanning the tv for something else to watch why not go get some exercise or find something else to do with your lives, its a 30 minute show ffs...

• Alex

Alex

Im missing home and away so so much- can't live much longer without the river boys and brax! can't wait for it to start in september- wanna know whats happening with chax!

• Mas

Mas

Totally agree with Megan. Everyone should enjoy their children's holiday and the summer. We all accept that other series have maybe 12 or so episodes so I think we're really lucky that such a great series as H & A is an almost constant fixture on TV.

• Megan F

Megan F

Surely it would be more annoying if they took both neighbours and home and away off air at the same time! The Australian productions take a break after each 'year' of episodes so there has to be a break at some point. I think it's actually quite sensible to take it off over the holidays when most people will be away or busy with children's activities. Anna - your tv licence fee only goes towards paying for bbc made programmes it has nothing to do with anything on five and definitely nothing made by an Australian tv company.

• peggy

peggy

why should home and away be taken off air when neighbours is still being shown, we followers of the soap feel let down by channel 5.

• Dawn

Dawn

If you are a real follower of Home and Away then you ought to be able to wait a few weeks. Genuine followers won't desert the programme.

• SMURFIE1981

SMURFIE1981

Im not happy that H&A has been withdrawn for 5 weeks , again neighbours is airing which is rather strange.

• BEARBROWN70

BEARBROWN70

IT IS SO WRONG THAT YOU PULL THE PLUG FOR 5 WEEKS I CANT AFFORD TO GO AWAY AND LOOK FORWARD TO MY TV TIME WHICH INCLUDES H&A ITS IS STILL BEING SHOWN IN OZ SO WHY NOT HERE THEY ALREADY A HEAD OF US BY 2 WEEKS AND AFTER THIS EVEN MORE SO REALLY UNHAPPY WITH CHANNEL 5 AT DOING THIS!!!!!!

• HG

HG

FIVE weeks??!!! OMG! That is totally out of order! Well at least that means my Sky+ will be back up to 90% by the time it comes back instead of battling with what to delete at 4%. BUT it also means H&A will LOSE a percentage of audience attention at a time when Neighbours is still airing, resulting in lower voting figures for the Inside Soap 2011 awards. Slightly unfair.

• kellie briggs

kellie briggs

why does it have to be a five week break why why why its a dam outrage i love home and away ,neighbours is on so why not home and away ,sounds strange to me

• Kristel

Kristel

I can't face 5 weeks - now i need to listen and know all about meercats .... :-(

• francis

francis

Lol@the people who are ranting. I don't like it either, but I put my energies into figuring out how I could continue to watch H&A courtesty of channel 7 in oz, so I just watched 3 weeks back to back, and my word it does get good.

• zraza

zraza

i need my dailey fix no home and away for 5 weeks gonna be torture

• Franny

Franny

I have Home & Away withdrawal symptons!

• freedomlass

freedomlass

I only found out 2nite it wasn't on as I always watch online at a time to suit me, shocked by the break and will this also mean neighbours will be going on a break soon too?

• Anna

Anna

Agree with other viewers..Disgrace.It's not like in Australia they stopped showing H&A; And after all we're all paying the TV licence - where is that going : on holidays??

• Susan L

Susan L

Absolutely agree with Jennifer. It's a TV show not life and death. My days are filled full of doing things with the kids during the school holidays and normally i'm left with 2 or 3 weeks full of H&A's to catch up once they have gone to bed. Will await eagerly the return of H&A after the holidays once life has returned to "normal"!!!

• Geraldine Minnock

Geraldine Minnock

what am I going to do without my fix of the Brax and the river boys.....god so not fair ;0)

• Ness

Ness

I agree with Jennifer but why is TV so useless in the summer!

• Jennifer

Jennifer

I am as usual always gutted when home and away has a break. However I do feel that some people on this site need to get a grip......saying its disgraceful and that they should have more respect for viewers is terrible its a blooming show. What about alot of other shows like friends who at the end of the series you had to wait a year to find out. Home and away has left it at a great cliffhanger.....I will miss it too but there are worse things happening in the world than to be getting all in a hissy fit about tv! I will be excited when it returns.

• Jennifer Rees

Jennifer Rees

This is not good, going to miss it soooooooooooooo much what i'm i going to do not being able to look at Brax for all them weeks. x

• Eleanor Edwards

Eleanor Edwards

its bad enuff havin to put up with the boredom of bein stuck at home for the next 5-6 weeks because of school holidays an havin to look after my little ones....but even worse not being able to atleast have abit of time in the day to watch home an away :( i feel so deprived lol....so love watchin the riverboys..brax is hot as hell x

• comment is awaiting moderation

• Carolyn King

Carolyn King

I am really unhappy about Home and Away being off air for such a long time. I know that I am not alone in hugely enjoying my Aussie soaps during the week with their powerful story lines and good humour. Come back soon, Home & Away, please 'cos you are brill!

• Alex

Alex

Since I submitted my comment agreeing with Maxine I have been thinking a lot and I believe the show will lose a lot of followers because of such a long break.Of course we all want to know who raped Bianca (forgot her name already after a few days and had to look it up) and what about Liam.

• HomeandAwaygeek

HomeandAwaygeek

does anyone know what song was playing when xavier and summer crashed the bike? something about heart bbeat running away i think? :)

• Sangita

Sangita

Going miss the show for 5 weeks what im going to watch now on a lunch time it going be borng without home and away

• Jani

Jani

God I'm going to miss it and it's a bit unfair not to know what happens with Bianca!

• Alex

Alex

Agree absolutely with Maxine.

• Maxine

Maxine

Absolutely disgraceful! You should show more respect for the regular viewers of the show and not just pull the plug on it "because you can". If there does have to be a shutdown for technical reasons then it should be at the same time as in Australia.

• billy

billy

its still gona be shoing online

• billy

billy

is it still on 5*

• nicola

nicola

please don't go on holidays going to miss the show so so much

• Emma

Emma

No don't go on a break home and away I love the show what is the summer holidays like without it on the TV. I want home and away on TV now I am not happy at all :( x

• Sian

Sian

Aus has a really long break at Christmas think about 8 weeks so channel 5 splits it up over aug and Christmas. Uk has to stay a couple of weeks behind Australia. They didn't used too when it first went to five because of the year it wasn't on when it transferred from itv but now they've caught up so they have to do as they do in australia

• emma

emma

noooo why cant they still keep running it like every other soap does bad times 5 weeks is wayyy too long gana forget what happens after then....

• louise

louise

nooo 5 weeks without home and away :( not good, why do they need this

• peter ward

peter ward

there is no reason for this it is still running in aus in august

Blank_avatar