Finalists - Gavin and Lucinda Gregg, Gavin Gregg
Husband-and-wife team Gavin and Lucinda opened their award-winning restaurant in 2000, and are passionate about delivering classic food with a modern twist.
Chef: Gavin Gregg
Front of house: Lucinda Gregg
Restaurant: Gavin Gregg Restaurant, Sevenoaks
Audition dish (Episode 1): Kentish lamb rump with a tomato and herb crust, with braised shoulder of lamb, ratatouille, crispy fondant potato and a lamb jus
Gavin and Lucinda met at a student nightclub in Dundee, where they were both studying Hotel and Catering. They’ve been married for 13 years and have three children together. Their restaurant has been open since 2000 and has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes.
Gavin is passionate about food and describes his menu as 'classic with modern twists', and together he and Lucinda have diversified to strengthen the business, offering outside catering, cookery classes and home dining.
Gavin describes himself as 'mad as a hatter, full on and forceful'. Lucinda is the opposite, so they balance each other out well. They applied for Marco Pierre White's Kitchen Wars because they wanted to prove themselves on television.
Semi-Final 4 Menu
- Scottish smoked salmon and caviar roulade, beetroot and horseradish purée, celeriac and pea shoot salad
- Chargrilled sirloin steak (centre cut), portobello mushroom and oven roasted vine tomato served with hand cut chips, tempura onion rings and Bearnaise sauce
- Pan-seared honeyed duck breast, pomme purée and pak choi served with a duck jus
- Oven-roasted fillet of halibut, buttered savoy cabbage and leeks, parmentier potatoes, potted shrimp and saffron cream
- Double espresso crème brulee with a Tia Maria jelly and vanilla cream
- Wasabi and toasted sesame tuna loin, fennel and cucumber salad
- Spicy sweet potato and red pepper soup
- Pan-seared red mullet and scallop, ratatouille, pomme puree, warm tomato coulis
- Roasted loin of lamb with a mushroom, spinach and kidney farce, pea, mint and veal kidney ragout, fondant potato, lamb and red wine jus
- Pan-seared supreme of guinea fowl, poached and roasted thigh with mozzarella and tarragon, pak choi, Lyonnaise potato, calvados cream
- Coconut panna cotta with fresh strawberries
- Lemon posset with fresh raspberries