Semi-final 4 - Julia Roberts and Angela Dwyer, Peak
Having first met in 1998, Julia and Angela opened their restaurant 10 years ago, and specialise in Modern English and Welsh cuisine.
Chef: Angela Dwyer
Front of house: Julia Roberts
Restaurant: Peak, Llanberis
Audition dish (Episode 2): Natural smoked haddock and saffron chowder
Having first met in 1998, it took some time before Julia and Angela found the perfect place to set up their own business. They opened ten years ago, when the building was a bakery, tea room and shop. They eventually launched their restaurant in 2006, serving Modern English and Welsh cuisine.
Angela is classically trained and worked her way up to head chef, getting many good reviews and even cooking for some well-known clients, including Nigella Lawson. Julia is originally from Wales and, before entering the restaurant trade, worked in sales.
Angela is a calm chef and is very rarely stressed, while Julia is great with customers and makes sure they enjoy themselves.
Semi-Final 4 Menu
- Crab avocado mayo in a baby gem leaf topped with crispy pancetta
- Pantysgawn goats cheese and red onion filo with Bury black pudding, roasted organic baby beetroot, mixed leaf salad and a balsamic syrup
- Gressingham duck breast with savoy cabbage parcel, bramley apple sauce and taffy cider jus
- Sautéed fillet of Halibut with pea puree, lemon butter sauce and crispy baby leeks
- Grilled sirloin steak with roasted shallot, truffle oil mash, watercress salad and a red wine jus
- Angela’s bread and butter Pudding with Danzy Jones whisky liqueur ice cream