Finalists - Tim and Anna Dover, The Roost
Tim and Anna are a close and competitive couple, who work hard and are up for the challenge of impressing Marco.
Chef: Tim Dover
Front of house: Anna Dover
Restaurant: The Roost, Perthshire
Audition dish (Episode 2): Venison tarte tatin
Tim and wife Anna have been together 11 years, and opened their their own restaurant on the site of an old hen house. Tim is classically trained and has worked at Michelin starred eateries, including Restaurant Martin Wishart and Daniel in New York. Anna trained as a solicitor, and this is her first experience of running front of house.
Tim and Anna bought the restaurant as a cafe, purchasing locally sourced, seasonal ingredients wherever possible. In summer the couple also grow many of their own herbs and vegetables for use on the menu.
Tim is a big fan of Marco’s; White Heats was his first cookery book. They’re a close and competitive couple, who work hard and are up for the challenge of impressing Marco.
Marco paid surprised them in their own restaurant, where he asked them to cook for him. However, the rules of the Battle Truck still apply – they have 30 minutes to cook and serve their best dish.
Semi-Final 3 Menu
- Chilled spring pea soup, crispy lardons and white truffle oil
- Pan-fried cod fillet with basquaise, saffron potatoes, smoked paprika aioli
- Pigeon from bresse roasted on the bone with fresh fig celeriac purée, Marsala jus
- Braised pork cheeks, Savoy cabbage, garlic pomme mousseline and broad beans
- Pear tarte tartin with stem ginger and vanilla Chantilly cream
- Honey-roast celeriac soup garnished with white truffle oil
- Escabeche of Scottish salmon with mesclun salad
- Roast guinea fowl with Roosevelt potatoes, root vegetables, Fino sherry and thyme jus
- Pan-fried red mullet and scallop, crushed potato and saffron sauce
- Loin of lamb with kidneys, curly kale colcannon and rosemary jus
- White chocolate, stem ginger and honeycomb cheesecake
- Pear frangipane tart