Neighbours

Summer star Jordy Lucas to leave Neighbours

After three years of playing Ramsay Street's Summer Hoyland, star Jordy Lucas is to leave Neighbours - but not before an eyebrow-raising final storyline.

Summer star Jordy Lucas to leave Neighbours

After three years of playing Ramsay Street's spirited journo Summer Hoyland, Neighbours star Jordy Lucas is to leave the hit Aussie soap.

A fan of the soap since she was a youngster, the talented 20-year-old joined the cast in 2010.  Never in her wildest dreams did she believe one day she would be cast as Summer, one of her favourite characters.

'I’ve had a fantastic three years at Neighbours and I am really looking forward to what my future has to offer,' says Jordy.

Jordy’s character has featured in some of the soap’s most memorable scenes - from the drama of her relationship with Andrew to the moment she found out about Tash's phantom pregnancy - and has earned a reputation for repeatedly standing up to Mr Nasty himself, Paul Robinson.

But the drama isn't over just yet: Jordy's exit storyline, too, is set to raise a few eyebrows, with Summer finding herself embroiled in a romance that will test her moral compass. Watch this space for details.

Jordy’s final scenes will air in Australia in January and on Channel 5 in February.

Comments (22)

• jente

jente

noooow dont go please please????? xx

• Bibi

Bibi

Jordy is one annoying actress she does my life in since she got together with Andrew he rocks!!! And her bring with this older guy from work does my life in his character sucks shit actor n seriously can't wait for them both to be off the damn screen they ruined neighbors !!!

• Simon

Simon

Jordy Lucas is going to be missed one of the best characters and hope things work out. I'm a big big fan of yours you be missed loads....

• comment is awaiting moderation

• James Shearer

James Shearer

Tash wasn't a character I was that fussed about until the last six months or so, I think that the scriptwriters have given the actress who plays her some great stuff to work with, not as melodramatic as the Michael-Emelia storyline and adding a bit of depth to the character. I love just how rotten and badly behaved she is as a bar tender, and her relationship with Ed is, to me, by far the most interesting of all the relationships of recent. Part of Tash is, of course, the balance that Jordy Lucas's Summer brings, hence the reason I mention it here. It's interesting when fans of the show express who they would like to see return as regulars. I wonder what fans would like to see Libby do next, she seemed a bit lost before the Kym Valentine took her leave.

• GillianH81

GillianH81

@Genevieve, with Jordy Lucas and Gemma Pranita leaving, Neighbours could do with a couple of characters returning permanently. Would love to see Libby Kennedy and Mark Brennan back, they would fit nicely back into the show. Libby would move back in with her dad and Tash and Mark would just take his old room back in the share house with Kyle, Sheila and Rhys. We could then have Kate and Mark back together. It would be interesting to see Libby and Mark in more scenes together, they need to have characters interact more who haven't had many scenes together. The Kate and Tash scenes have been good.

• GillianH81

GillianH81

Genevieve, Jordy films her final scenes this week. Summer's new romance is the new deputy editor. The reason it will test her moral compass, is because he is a lot older than Summer and it's someone she works with.

• Genevieve

Genevieve

Jordy you can't go! If Summer's gone than that means Andrew will find someone else and i don't want that i wasnt Summer and Andrew back together they were the cutest couple. And besides Summer is my favourite character and if she goes i will never watch the show ever again!

• Lauren

Lauren

@GillianH81 No-one can be 'turned' bisexual! Wish it was the character of Sophie leaving rather than Summer.

• claire

claire

bring back janae or flick or camella

• lili

lili

Summer has been a tad annoying of late, but I've enjoyed her stoyrlines, so it's a shame Jordy's leaving. Good luck, Jordy for the future.

• PETER

PETER

IT SAYS ON WIKIPEDIA THAT JORDY WANTED TO SING IN A FUTURE EPISODE OF NEIGHBOURS, I WONDER IF THAT WILL HAPPEN BEFORE SHE LEAVES. IF NOT I HOPE SHE RETURNS TO DO IT DOWN THE TRACK

• James Shearer

James Shearer

Some Kennedy returns would be super - Libby, Mal, Catherine, Billy or what about Dr Darcy? But with Jordy Lucas leaving I can't wait to see Karl and Tash morph into the odd couple (not a relationship, I must point out, just a funny double act)... Good luck to Jordy Lucas.

• Mary Jasper

Mary Jasper

I hoped Lynne would come back, and Steph and Charlie too. Pity, but good luck to Jordy. Bring back Libby! And it would be so good for Susan and karl to get back together for the...fifth time?

• Carly

Carly

Thank god she's leaving! Summer is such a miserable, self-righteous bore. I can't understand what Andrew ever saw in her. Good luck to the actress though (Jordy Lucas); I hope she gets better parts in the future!

• James Shearer

James Shearer

Will her romance be with the new deputy editor that is coming on to the newspaper - we've read about him on this website but he's not arrived on screen just yet? Neighbours has been blessed with little change in its permanent cast for quite a while now as only the actors playing Michael Williams and Jade have quit this year - I wonder if a few others are thinking of going, especially as some of the younger actors are coming up to the three/four year mark?

• GillianH81

GillianH81

I think they will turn Aidan bi-sexual and he will be Summer's new love interest. That would test Summer's friendship/morals with Chris.

• ann aspery

ann aspery

Was hoping that the rest of her family, Lyn etc, were going to come back and join up with her again.

• Scott

Scott

I love Jordy she is a great actress, oh well she will go onto other things she is a survivor!

• Maria

Maria

She was my favourite character in the soap :'(

• lynn

lynn

aww thats a shame shes such a good actress and one of the best in the soap.. good luck and wishing you success in the future on anything you do... will be missed.

• Kevin

Kevin

No Jordy Lucas is one of my fave characters, we seem to be losing all the best characters lately. She is such a good actress and will be missed loads.

Blank_avatar