Duo of rabbit on wilted nettles and spinach
With dark chocolate
Time: 30 - 40 minutes
- 4 whole rabbits
- 250g caul fat
- 1 carrot
- 2 shallots
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 30g dark chocolate
- 100g spinach
- 100g nettles
1. Remove the loins from the rabbits and wrap in the caul fat. Poach in water for 8 minutes.
2. Dice the leg meat from the rabbits.
3. Dice the onions and carrots.
4. Saute the leg meat in a little oil, add the onions, carrots.
5. Add the rosemary, white wine and stock, simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Finish the rabbit casserole with the chocolate and adjust the consistency.
7. Wilt the spinach and nettles in a dry pan.
8. Remove the loins from the water and colour in a pan with hot oil.
9. Dry off the spinach and nettles.
10. To serve, place a portion of the casserole on a plate and top with the wilted vegetables and 3 rabbit medallions.
The chocolate may contain milk.